Over the holidays my family and I spent a lot of time cooking and baking. One of my favorite things about having time off is that I have time to try tons of new recipes. We made the best sandwich snacker originally shown to us by my sweet cousin Kristi, but tweaked just a little bit. Thanks Kristi!!
Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sammies
1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (12 pack)
1/2 sweet onion (very finely chopped or minced)
1 stick butter or margarine
3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
1/2 pound shaved honey ham
12 slices of Swiss cheese (cheddar cheese also works great!)
1. Melt butter in a small skillet and add onions.
2. Combine mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds into the mixture.
3. Simmer for several minutes.
4. Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half. Fold a slice of ham and a slice of cheese onto each and close.
5. Place onto an aluminum lined 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
6. Pour onion mixture over the top and let marinate a few hours or until ready to bake.
7. Bake covered with aluminum for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Try them... you will not be disappointed!!
Lots of love!